Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I have chosen Adrian Piper's Funk Lessons as my topic for the third essay.

Do you know any other installations or projects done by Piper that might help me better understand Funk Lessons or would be nice to mention and discuss in my essay?

Would a comparison to another artist who focuses on racial issues such as Damali Ayo and how they differ be a good direction to go in with my essay?

"Class, Conflict, Race and Remembrance: Adrian Piper's Black Box." Francis Frascina. Oxford Art Journal.

"Adrian Piper: a retrospective: The New Museum of Contemporary Art, New York." Kathy Battista. Make, The Magazine of Women’s Art.

"Adrian Piper: Goodbye to Easy Listening” Diana C. Stoll. Aperture

"Mapping Mindsets” in Art Papers. an interview with Adrian Piper

No comments: